Thursday 20 October 2011

Shanghai Journal: 10/11

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota




Nice to know you can see for miles and miles.

Its kinda funny how at the beginning of the the year the next wave of young talent seemed so far from being all gathered near or in the top 50, but here they all are getting direct entry except for Harrison who had to qualify this time, and Berankis who is back on the challenger tour, slowly coming back from injury.

What I like about Raonic today was that he is always looking to be agressive, but I saw that Llodra actually had more winners in the stats than Raonic did, so while Llodra is overall more consistent and puts what appears to be effortless volleys in hard to reach places, Raonic is forcing errors with his power, but more so on the important points than Llodra is able to do. And yeah, the muted celebration is a little creepy, but Raonic just seems to be saying, "I got a lot of work to do if I want to get my matches over in 2 sets."

Posted by Annie (Vamos Heavenly Creature)

hey Philip, did you see the post I left you on the Deuce Club in answer to a couple of questions you had?

Posted by Annie (Vamos Heavenly Creature)

Are we in the post-Djokovic phase already?

grigor dimitrov has every shot going but he still gets confused, he could be a bit like federer if he sorts his head out also.

yay, Milos,

I like how business like these young guys like Raonic and A-Tomic are; maybe Ryan Harrison could take a page from their book?

Annie said, "Philip, if you're still around, who are your faves and how did you get interested in tennis - how did you find TW?"

Sorry Annie, I didn't get back to the Deuce post because there are over ten pages of comments but I found your questions. It was 1983 and I was watching Yannick Noah win the French Open. From that point on I liked Noah, then waited over a decade for Ivanisevic to win Wimbledon. Now I am waiting for another French player to win a slam. Being Canadian, I like what I am seeing in Raonic's game a lot and would like him to be the next 'American' to win a slam. I found a link to Tennisworld from the old Tennisweek website and like to comment when the thread is pretty consistent. Ironically, I just feel that when the post is about having new people comment and then the comments after a few hours are way off topic it kind of discourages new people from commenting. I am not really concerned about being a known commentator but just like it when the comments are on topic and my comments fit in the thread.

if a tennis ball us struck in a stadium and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Yeah d, the stadium seems pretty empty for a masters. Maybe they should give some tickets away to promote the event.

I watched the Roddick-Dimitrov match. Dimitrov should have won the second, as he was playing really well at the beginning of that set. Overall, I thought Roddick played well enough. I wish he would flatten out his forehand more. Over the years, he has definitely become more "conservative" with that shot.

semi otter face = the atomic tomic.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment