Thursday 20 October 2011

Slide Rule

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota




Some players just are able to slide naturally while others never can even on clay.

I've always naturally slid into shots on hard court. I'm a flexible person and, combined with my sprinting, it just came as a part of my game. I see the danger, though, for people who are just trying to imitate their role models... Leave the pro shots to the pros unless you've been doing it all your life.


WTA Blog:
http://itbtennis.blogspot.com/

I play at the local clay court club in Edmonton and sliding into a defensive shot is amazing. I've played against people who haven't played clay before and they really can't keep their balance in the same way.

No doubt about it that sliding is not good for normal people. But when I see Nole doing it so effortlessly, I sometimes wonder how is it possible?
But then he has made the game loss so easy and perfect. For me he has inspired me to do even better in my life. HE is a true inspiration to all (http://bit.ly/n9Bq5m). He has changes my life and I am sure so many others too!

The slowing down of hard courts and grass reminds me of the catering to the Europeans that took place in the US in the 1970s when it seemed every tourney was on clay. Thank heavens Jimmy was still able to shut down Borgie at the US Open...

I loved sliding on hard courts in High School till I hurt my ankle doing it haha, but I did it all four years till my senior year and one mistake and it can hurt bad

Im fairly flexible and technique wise, i watched enough of their matches to get the hang of it. I used to slide alot in highschool, but after college, being super busy, I cant slide anymore its too scary haha. granted my slides were never at the distance or rafa djokovic or monfils, more like a foot maybe 2 at best. but it helps for sure on defensive to offensive shots. I have hit countless winners from that position.

Man you guys must have titanium in your ankles. I can slide on clay without a problem but I tried once on hard court and rolled my ankle to the point where it swelled up to the size of a tennis ball. I love watching those two run and slide all over but I will not try it myself on a hard court again.

Felix

As the article points out, the right shoes help.

I admit I've tried a few times sliding on hard courts and that *** just ain't happening ;) It suspect the sole of their footwear are customized to allow for it. But just look at Clijsters, Djokovic etc. in slow motion or freeze frame - the flexibility in the groin and legs required for obtaining those positions is unreal.

Posted by Game of du-du-du-du-du-du-dummies

"The other factor is most hard courts the pros play on are in pristine condition. If you try to slide on a public park court..."

The courts at the USO are public park courts the rest of the year. So I'm going to be doing a little sliding out there pretty soon. Get my inner Djokovic going.

As a former gymnast, I think sliding on a hard court will take its toll on a persons body and cut short their career. I still can do a 3 splits and would never consider sliding during a tennis match on purpose. It takes 1 time jamming your leg into your hip or lean the wrong way while sliding and you are done.

monfil have the best slide i believe

So i tried the tweener and almost went head first into the fence and almost hit myself between my legs. These shots need to be practiced carefully!

Look at the picture in this post, I am surprised no one's talking about it -
If a picture can speak thousand words, its here.
It embodies the entire tournament and the whole story of 2011 in one moment, captured for eternity.
Novak has been staying put and running the ball around with such dexterity and aplomb and the whole world starting from world number no.2 are trying to catch up to his ball and game
and just trying to retrieve and put the ball back in court. Entire tennis world is scurrying around and finding it really hard to keep pace with his amazing run.

Greatness of this picture ..? Photographer was able to capture even the ball at its ascent in this timeless frozen moment ! Can we know the photographer of this pic ?
And might I say about the see-for-yourself expressions of the hunter and the hunted in clear view. What a contrast..clam and collected poise of Novak vs tiring, agitated tone of nadal

And Novak is is just smiling across the court with a wickedly playful frown on his face...
Last time I checked, Nadal was still chasing the ball....

Ah the way modern players can get to all the balls and slide, because they now can. Hah cobblers!
Following Novak's recent retirement to what did look like a nasty back injury against Del Potro will people finally admit that his style and the emerging tennis style is unhealthy for the tennis player.
I have mentionned several times that Nadal and Djokovic tennis is formidable but high risk to obtaining injury and here we are barely a week after the USOpen and Novak is in a bit of a mess. Please note that I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery, BUT his recent retirement has to raise suspicion on his game style as a sensible route for tennis to go to.
Just out of curiosity, does this count as the third loss during the 2011 season or is Novak still only 2 losses to 60+ wins. Davis cup matches might be seen as not part of the pro tour win/loss calcs.

What is the big fat farting deal about sliding on hard court? I have done it since 25 years ago but it just destroys my shoes in 1 hr.

I have to believe the sliding on hard courts will take its toll on these guys. Now swishighness claims to have slid 25 years ago but was probably moving slower than paint drying at the time so obviously can't compare a guy walking into a slide with elite players running full speed in long rallies doing it.

The secret of Novak Djokovic foot work and his great slide on the Tennis court is Tamir Kfir Orthotics Insloe using the unique technology Dynamic Motion Control ( website: www.tamirkfir.com/EN/about.htm )

Tamir Kfir developed the Dynamic Motion Control technique for building insoles for athletes and individuals involved in sports and for those who do not do sport but suffers from orthopedic problems. The insoles are made of special materials that help balance the feet better on the ground, reducing the stress while standing or being in motion for extended periods. Tamir Kfir is the only one in the world that using this technique. Among Tamir Kfir's customer you will find 40 Tennis players rank in the top 100, European top basketball teams, international football players and many others. For any question you may have or information please contact us at: info@tamirkfir.com


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment